Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's a Blog Miracle!

Thanks to some kind of Blog Miracle, my blog hits skyrocketed over the past week. I was actually averaging 120 hits per day! It's now going back down to normal, however, so I thought I'd capture the moment and display it for the world to see.(Note that at the peak I had over 180 hits to my blog). Now everyone can join hands and "oooh" and "aaah" over the Blog Miracle that has happened in our life.

Here are some other interesting bits and pieces. I've started reading more blogs than ever, thanks to being glued to my computer 24/7 for work, and have found another blog I really like, Pickled Beef. Ms. Tink over at Pickled Beef does some creative thinking but threatens that if you steal her stuff she'll "spork your face off" so I must be careful in how I make use of her inspirational posts. She does a monthly review of her blog hits, which I feel is ok to do here, because I did it once before I knew Tink, and Peggy in Scotland has done it also (I'd look up these posts and link to them but they're both very buried so it would take me a year, plus whenever I go back and look through my own blog I always get very distracted and forget what I was originally trying to do).

So, due to inspiration from Pickled Beef, here are my favorite search terms from October (that people used to get to my blog):

1. Pistachio toilet seat - if these actually exist I would love to have one
2. "Beth's boobs" - a reference to Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife Beth, it seems Beth's boobs are on everyone's mind
3. Dead dog suitcase apartment sitting - this one was interesting for two reasons. One, I can't believe someone did a search for such a long string of words and actually found something and Two, relating a bit to number 1, I connected the search to a post I did a while back about a story I heard, and did a search myself, and discovered that this story is in fact a well-known myth. Good thing I titled the post, "Urban legend... or a true story?"
4. Chipotle fart - need I say more? I think I may have actually had these two words in the same post once, but who can blame me?

And one last interesting tidbit, an experience I would like to report from a few weeks ago:

We went to a bar for happy hour with some pals from work. The waitress came over and took our order, but was taking a while to get back to us with our food. I was starving, so I scouted her out in the crowd, and saw her sit down at the table across from us. "What can I get for you?" she said to the man next to her. The man on the other side said, "We want a pitcher of Budweiser!" She turned to him and said "F--K OFF DOUCHEBAG!!" (except she actually said the naughty word I censored out here - I did that for you kiddies out there, I don't want to foul up the minds of my innocent readers).

Yowza.

Needless to say, I opted to abandon my mission and leave this waitress alone. She seemed like she needed some space.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a LOT of visitors! Don't you think it's odd that they only looked for Dog the Bounty Hunter on ONE day?

J-Funk said...

Yes, it is very odd. I think I must have been temporarily linked somewhere important but I never found out where. It was a fun ride though! Hopefully some of them will come back...

The Mop said...

J-funk deserves millions of visitors. I had about 10 extra visitors a day for a while because of being linked to a "Fall leaves" photo.

J-Funk said...

Thanks for the nice complements Mr. Mop! I think it's all about getting linked in a prominent place. Plus the more you're linked the higher your site rankings which puts you up at the top when people do Google searches.

I've found that when I use popular terms like "Dog the Bounty Hunter" I end up getting on Blog summary sites that must crawl blogs and show recent posts about popular topics. I get a lot of hits through sites like these. I'm not totally sure if that was where all those Dog searches were coming from but it seems likely - for some reason I couldn't get to the search source through my site meter website.

Anonymous said...

Not all your fans are innocent JFunk! What's up with this censorship, I am going to have to file a discrimination lawsuit against you.

Anonymous said...

Your blog numbers are outstanding! I still think that you're the only one that reads my blog!

J-Funk said...

Mad- Ack, I can't win!

Uncle KT- your mom reads your blog! I saw her comment just the other day! I like your blog. It keeps me up on the haps in Mpls. It's fun too!

Anonymous said...

You're nuts! Did you actually make that graph??? What a nerd!!!

Tink said...

Aw, you have nothing to worry about J-Funk. My guard sporks are only trained to attack STRANGERS who wish to steal my stuff. Not friends who merely want to borrow it.

That said, this has got to be (by far) one of the strangest comments I've ever left someone. Congratulations!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...