Thursday, November 23, 2006

One Full Belly

I just finished up with Thanksgiving Feast No. 2. What delicious food has been coming my way!! I've had lots of pumpkin pie, and turkey, and even got some candied yams and mashed potatoes and gravy and cole slaw. It's SO GOOD! It's also really nice to visit my family and see the familiar Midwest. We're having some spectacular weather here this week with lots of sun and mild temperatures.

Still coming up tonight: a Battlestar Galactica marathon (my mom has had the good sense to tape it this season) and a break for Gray's Anatomy, then tomorrow some mother-daughter hot yoga (if the turkey has digested), a trip out to the old farm to say good-bye, another Thanksgiving feast, then more Battlestar Galactica. Saturday, Thanksgiving feast No. 4 (and final) and the high school reunion. Then Sunday, a Fondu party.

I've discovered that since the kids have moved out my mom has latched onto her dog with a fierce loyalty. She takes him out for long walks and to dog school and worries about him when she's away, and even takes him with her in the car when she runs errands and goes to yoga. He's soaking it all up and loving every second. She showed me the new Iowa City dog park and the other great dog places to go and then we hooked the dog up and took him out for a while and they showed off the things they learned during school (he went to the advanced class and knows fancy things now).

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like you have had some great food, wonderful family time and just an all around good Thanksgiving -with more to come :)

I really enjoy reading your posts! Even if I don't comment, I am reading. Enjoy the time with your Mom, I know she is! love you! Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to our end of the planet. Great weather eh?? To celebrate the incredible weather I decided to get a few strings of white lights and a little light up deer and decorate a small section of the front yard. And I did it in a sweatshirt. It was toooooo coool! Did you bring this great weather?????

arial said...

I want to hear about the reunion.

Anonymous said...

Burp.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...