Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tootsie Pops

My weekend is again sucked up by work (and the Seattle rain has started) so I take breaks by eating interesting things, pushing my Studly Hubby around, looking at CNN.com, and checking everyone's blogs. This afternoon the interesting thing I ate was a Tootsie Pop. I am a huge fan of tootsie rolls and tootsie pops but haven't had one in a really long time. I got this tootsie pop from a girl at a halloween party who was using it as part of her costume. For halloween she was some sort of school girl with a short skirt and pigtails and had a basket full of tootsie pops.

Tootsie pops are one of the most fabulous things invented on earth. I found a Tootsie Roll website (with some of their old advertisements and a chronological history, Tootsie Pops were invented in 1939). I was also reminded of an elementary school Legend that if you got three whole Tootsie Pop logos on your Tootsie Pop wrapper then you could get a free one (which wasn't true at the time and I'm beginning to doubt that was ever true). When I was a kid I was also a huge fan of Twinkies. Now, Twinkies kind of gross me out (except for the deep-fried Twinkie at the Minnesota State Fair, those are actually really good). The Tootsie Pop wasn't as good as I remember either. I think my sugar-sensors are changing with age, and it's been kind of hard to adapt. What I remember as being good is still good in my mind but not so much in my mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never liked Twinkies. It stems from the 1st grade when my thermos rolled onto a special treat my mom had lovingly put in there, the Twinkie. There really isn't anything worse than a warm squished Twinkie. I haven't eaten them since.

Tootsie Pops are great. I can't get either items here.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...