Monday, June 26, 2006

Squirrel Songs

This morning as I was eating breakfast I heard an obnoxious but familiar flat R-A-A-A-A-A-A sound just outside the window. I looked out, thinking "what the...?" and saw a SQUIRREL sitting there in the tree. It looked pissed, too, although I don't think it was pissed at me. We have a second floor apartment up in the trees and there's a lot of squirrel action that goes on just out the window. One time, I actually saw a momma and her teenaged kid squirrel playing (or arguing, it's hard to tell). Then only a few days later I saw a WHITE squirrel. And in another apartment in another life where the window looked out over the parking lot near a dumpster we saw a huge fat squirrel hauling a steak across the road.

The picture was taken from a lovely midwest photographer's website I found.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...