Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The New 7-Eleven: Kwik-E-Mart

The new Simpsons movie is coming out this weekend and 7-Eleven took part in a mega-marketing campaign involving the conversion of all of their stores to Kwik-E-Marts. We walked past one on Sunday (I guess there are only 11 in the country, and we got one here in Seattle!).

It was packed. I think the marketing campaign will be good for both sides. I was surprised at how far they took it. There were Slurpee machines (which were so popular there was a line), cases of Buzz soda (being bought by collectors and soda drinkers alike), pink glazed donuts, Krusty-O's, and Simpsons slogans and paraphernielia everywhere. Many of the packaged items had been outfitted with Simpsons themes (a homer face and the text: 'Mmmmm.... sandwich!!'). There were also lots of Simpsons collectibles for sale. The outside of the building had even been repainted to look like the cartoon Kwik-E-Mart, and there were two East Indian guys running the cash register (but no 'thank you, come again!').

I bought a bottle of water.

I kind of want to go back.

1 comment:

Uncle KT said...

I saw that they were doing that on the news last week...but I don't think that there are any 7/11's in MN...I was so sad!

If you don't feel weird doing it you should take some pictures and put them on your blog. I'd love to see what one looks like!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...