Sunday, October 08, 2006

Toilet paper and paper towels

My Studly Hubby gets all upset when I put new rolls of toilet paper and paper towels on the holder "backwards" - he claims that there is a correct way to put rolls on (so that the new sheets are on top) and I can't seem to remember what that is when I am in the middle of doing it. He claims that the user-interface of these paper towel and toilet paper rolls is important (his words, this is what you get when you marry a web designer), and that when this user interface is flawed it can really mess someone up. I don't know or notice the difference. I also don't really notice different kinds of tea or good food vs bad food so I'm not sure if I'm much of a judge on this whole deal. All I know is that I'm incapable of creating a good user-interface with new paper towel and toilet paper rolls and now I get all nervous whenever I put one on because I'm sure I'm going to do it wrong.

Good news for this week:

1. I'm making progress on a paper I'm writing up from graduate school. It was pretty hard at first trying to remember all that confusing stuff, but then I realized I can copy most of it from my thesis and it got better after that.

2. We have three friends in Seattle now! Last weekend we went out with some people from Derek's school and one of his new co-workers, and even though all the school friends are moving away the co-worker was great and I claim him as my friend now. Then on Friday night we went out with two of my co-workers who are not only great but live next door so we will most likely be going out again (the bar we went to was two blocks away, too - it doesn't get much better than that!). I was so excited to have friends I could hardly sleep. Plus they have cable.

3. I have unpacked all of our boxes from our move. I have not yet put it all away yet, or hung pictures, but my nesting instincts tell me that it's definitely getting better. Now that we have friends I am newly invigorated to get it all finished and invite some people over. Plus there is a beer store down the street where I can get stocked up.

4. I have discovered a new favorite kind of beer, called Pyramid Hefeweizen. It is so good! It is like Blue Moon (one of my former favorites) only even better. And did I mention that there is a beer store just down the street? Pyramid is apparently a local brewing company near the Safeco (Mariners) field downtown, and they sell large volumes of beer in reusable glass jugs for all your party needs - now that we have 3 friends, and a cheap but good beer supply source, we could have a whole party! Or we could just go there for a tour and beer tasting sometime, that would be fun too.

7 comments:

Uncle KT said...

You should totally go and tour the brewery! I love brewery tours! Usually I end up liking the beer EVEN MORE after touring the place.

I hate to do it but I have to agree with the D-man on the toilet paper/paper towel thing. THere IS a correct user interface and it really screws me up too when someone puts it on the wrong way!!

Anonymous said...

The Studly Hubby is indeed correct about how to place toilet paper in the holder. I have been know to change the roll around in houses THAT AREN'T MY OWN. It bugs me that much! Most people just humour me. My own husband doesn't care. He says that life is too short.

The Mop said...

I belive there is a proper towel and TP way, but he is anal.

Rogue Brewery, Newport Oregon. But you should be able to pick up some locally. I am suspect on the quality of their Belgians, and Hefeweizen(since I don't drink those). But their other delicious Ales, bitters, and stouts can't be beat.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one. There are advantages, however, to being married to people with OCD. For example, when they cook.

Free State Brewery, Lawrence, Kansas. I've only heard of it, never tried it.

Anonymous said...

I am sure that the major cause of divorce in this country is disagreement over which way the TP rolls, unless maybe it's disagreement over open/closed bedroom windows. However, my wife can never remember to put the TP on the roll, so instead of getting mad at her for rolling it the wrong way, I get mad at her for leaving it for me to do.

I'm not much of a beer drinker. But besides, all these trendy new bottles seem to have about as much alcohol as wine. How am I supposed to drive home from the office TGIF party? 70 MPH for 30 minutes after drinking 9% -- the numbers don't add up.

J-Funk said...

Uncle KT and Peggy and Saz's Dad - How dare you take HIS side!! Gah! If you visit here, NO TP FOR YOU.

The Mop and my Dad - Thank you for choosing MY (the best) side. You get TP (and beer) if you visit here.

Bruce - move the office TGIF party to a bar down the street from your house! Then you only have to figure out how to stumble home, no driving necessary. AND they probably have TP on the roll already in the bathroom (and possibly even rolled correctly too).

Anonymous said...

I'm totally on your side Jos. What the hell??? Talk about anal retentive! I would start putting it on backwards ON PURPOSE just to be annoying...heh heh heh...Why are people so anal???? Why does one have to have all of the font be exactly the SAME size and type in EVERY figure of a paper???? Why does everything have to be PERFECTLY aligned!!!! Why WHY WHY?????

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...