Monday, October 02, 2006

Donuts...!

My Studly Hubby and I moved into a place that is only THREE BLOCKS from a donut place called Winchell's Donuts. To make things worse, they are open 24/7, so that they can tempt us constantly.

We've been very good so far and have only gone there two (maybe three) times. Across the street from the donut place is an even worse place called Dick's Drive-In, which supposedly has the best hamburgers in town (though not quite as good as the good ol' Hamburg Inn #2 in Iowa City) and also serves up a killer strawberry shake. To make things worse, they are cheap, and fast. Tonight we went to the donut place. I had a dream last night about fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies and have been craving chocolate all day because of it. If you have any idea why I might have a dream about chocolate chip cookies, please lete me know because I am clueless about it. The donut satisfied my craving - and it was much closer and easier than going out to find (or actually baking - gah) a decent chocolate chip cookie. Besides, it was kind of fun walking through our neighborhood after dark and peering into everyone's houses. I am in the midst of Interior Organization and Decorating in our new apartment and am very interested in fresh ideas. Plus, I am a nosy neighbor.

Happy donuts everybody!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm donuts!

The Mop said...

I hate when anyone talks about donuts...... I think about it, and them for days..... I like to pretend they don't exist.

Newt said...

Mmmm donuts, now I am craving one. Argh.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...