Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hash Browns!!



The Studly Hubby has a BIG LOVE for hashbrowns. Every chance he gets he grates a bunch of potatoes up and fries them in a pan with a carefully calculated strategy and then analyzes and refines the results for next time.

This morning the Studly Hubby was grating up a bunch of freshly received veggie box Russet potatoes when I realized this is turning into a LifeLong Quest for the Perfect Hashbrowns. In fact, I was thinking maybe what we should do is go on a world-wide mission to find the Perfect Hashbrowns. As we were discussing this, we realized that we have had very few Perfect Hashbrowns in our lives. Worse, we don't even really know where to go for Perfect Hashbrowns. Which part of the world? Which restaurants?

In our past we could think of only one place that had nearly Perfect Hashbrowns, French Meadows in Minneapolis, but unfortunately they only made these for a short time and then switched chefs or recipes or something because they weren't good after that. The Studly Hubby also claimed someplace in the Homeland of Iowa also made Perfect Hashbrowns but that was also short-lived and he doesn't even remember the name of the place now.

I would say that McDonald's hashbrowns are nearly Perfect Hashbrowns but the Studly Hubby shut that down pretty fast.

Have you ever had Perfect Hashbrowns? Do tell!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I love hashbrowns. :) Hi, I'm relatively new on this website..

Fixen Vixen said...

I love McDonald's hashbrowns! Probably because I like my hashbrowns really crispy. Yum!

J-Funk said...

Hi Sandra! Nice to meet you. Fixen: you are making me want some McDonald's hashbrowns now, I was successfully holding the temptation at bay until you said 'crispy'...

Kerry said...

Interesting.. the 1st place I'd check here would be the Hamburg Inn.. or Midtown Cafe...but Seattle? Hmm... http://questionland.thestranger.com/questions/1047-which-seattle-restaurant-serves-up-the-best-hashbrowns

Unknown said...

I like he hashbrown crowns at burger king...but I don't really like anything else there so I don't get them very often.

I am SO hungry right now...

The Mop said...

Home Town Cafe's.

but you are better off looking for the Perfect Biscuits and Gravy

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...