Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Great Midwest Tour

Tomorrow we are embarking on a Holiday Adventure that will take us first to St. Louis and the vicinity to visit my Dad and then back to Iowa to visit all the other folks. We won't be heading back to Seattle until New Years' Eve!

Today at work I 'wrapped up' for the next week and a half - I put all my stuff away, cleaned off my desk and bench, made long lists detailing what I want to do when I get back, and then chatted with my co-workers for the rest of the day. I'm really burned out at work - when I was making my list for after the holidays, I couldn't muster even a tiny spark of enthusiasm about what I'll be doing when I get back. Usually I hardly can drag myself away. But it's been a very long time since we've taken a Big Week-Long Vacation.

Tomorrow our flight leaves at a pretty comfortable hour so we're going to get up at our usual time and try taking the bus. Public transportation is good in Seattle if you're going during the day and you don't mind transferring a couple times. We have never had both those needs line up just right for airport runs here in Seattle so haven't tried it this way yet. Back in Minnesota we did it all the time because the lightrail went through our neighborhood and straight down to the airport and it was super easy and fast (and cheap!).

Well I'll be taking my computer with me so I'll try to post at least once while I'm gone.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

bon voyage!!
I just got your thrilling newsletter, which I anxiously anticipate all year long. I am SO THRILLED that Derek got the Best Personality Award and you both turned GREEN! Do you know about your GREEN AUNTIE?
have a blast on your trip. I hope I get to see you in 2008!
ps I'm making another cd!
big hugs
Auntie M

Newt said...

Have a wonderful trip and a Happy Holidays!

Peggy said...

Have a great time back home!

Peggy said...

I don't know where you ended up on your big tour of the midwest but I hope that you and your SH have a rockin' 2008!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...