Saturday, September 22, 2007

We just got back from the movie 'Superbad' with the actor from Arrested Development, Michael Cera (on the right in the above picture). Thanks to Netflix, we don't find ourselves wandering out to theaters very often anymore but the Studly Hubby's Studly Boss gave him a gift certificate last week so we went.

Superbad is the next high school party movie (compare with Ferris Bueller, or Fast Times, although I would say not as good as either of those) and I liked it. It was, as much as I could tell, contemporary with the necessary nerdy-kid-meets-hot-girl theme. The things I liked about it were that A) 2/3 of the main guys were actually the same age as their characters and B) they quite perfectly replicated the awkwardness of a boy-girl conversation at that age, and it was hysterical.

And this movie actually made me miss high school a little bit. Weird!

2 comments:

Uncle KT said...

I love the "beer in a soap container" part. That idea had to have come directly from the mind of a teenage boy!

Peggy said...

I haven't seen this one yet, I'll probably wait until it comes out on cable. Sometimes a good laugh shows up in the most unlikely places.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...