Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Jeff Gordon references Dr. Seuss in a recent Science article

Jeff Gordon, a researcher at Washington University (St. Louis) who unfortunately has the same name as the famous NASCAR racer (but is not the same guy, we're pretty sure), recently referenced Dr. Seuss in the supplemental section of his ground-breaking Science article (Science. 2005 Mar 25;307(5717):1955-9). Why, you may ask? Because they decided to name some disgusting combination of bacteria, food and mucous they found in the gut after "who-villes" from the Dr. Seuss story 'Horton Hears A Who.'

For my next Science paper, I plan to reference Harry Potter, and possibly also Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to hold you to your promise (as should everyone who read this post). I'm expecting at least 1 Harry Potter reference!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...