Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gotta love that turkey!

After a l-o-o-o-ong drive down south to where the grass is still green, the garden still smells good, and southern accents prevail, we arrived at our destination just in time for some serious turkey and pumpkin pie. Promptly after eating we all passed out. I think that's just the way to do it. Now we're waking back up, jamming on some instruments, familiarizing ourselves with the complicated life of my brothers aged 7 months, and 4, 13 and 18 yrs. The 7 month old's life is significantly less complicated than the rest. I like that aspect of babies, they can find wonder in a tablespoon for 15 full minutes, then be just as fascinated with the same tablespoon less than an hour later.

I am also stocking up on Janet Evanovitch books, passing around the recent Science blurb about me, soaking up some good southern sun and warm weather, and trying to pass judgement on everyone in as many ways as possible so they can remember me for the rest of the year. Oh, and trying to pick up some Christmas present ideas, because that's the third most important purpose of thanksgiving (turkey and naps coming first and second, but maybe pumpkin pie is in there too somewhere, and whip cream, and all that other good food).

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...