Sunday, December 24, 2006

Our FIRST Christmas Tree!!

This will be the fourth Christmas that my Studly Hubby and I have celebrated while living together, but the first ever that we have hosted at our place (my mom and brother are arriving by plane TODAY, they are en route RIGHT NOW). Therefore we thought it would be a good year to buy a tree, but we're too cheap and lazy to go out and get a real one so we went down to Walgreens and bought a $25 tree (pictured at left). Note that this is our first normal-sized tree - it's 6.5' tall! We were quite pleased with the way it turned out. We even have presents under it (thanks to everyone who sent them!)

My Studly Hubby cooked up a storm all weekend while I flitted about the apartment getting ready for visitors and finally getting some of the things done that follow a big move - organizing the closets, hanging pictures, etc. Now our apartment is all clean and smells like pie, banana bread and bean soup. No need for a turkey- and pine-scented candle this year! -although we don't really have pine, but all the other smells make up for it I think.

We've been totally absorbed in Christmas this year, for the first time since I was a kid - since we aren't going anywhere we had time to listen to loads of Christmas music, properly decorate, cook, and go to church (yes we are still doing that). We even danced a bit to "Jingle Bells." It's fun to not travel, but we're very lucky that our relatives can travel here to visit us. Otherwise I think I'd get bored next week.

Merry Christmas everybody!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Merry Christmas Josie! Enjoy your family :) that will be so great for all of you!

Your tree looks really pretty!

love you! Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

I hope you and the entire famiy are having a rockin' Christmas!

Say "hey" to your mom for me.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Love

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year J-Funk!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...