Saturday, May 29, 2010

Zoom!

Life is zooming by again, now that I'm back at work. It's really a good life though, I work all day at a job I like, then come home to hang out with my li'l girl with my Studly Hubby who is just as enamored by her as I am (so I don't feel dumb when I say "oh my God, did you SEE that?? She is SO CUTE!!").

The thing that's keeping me from blogging is that we still don't have full-time daycare - we have 3 days a week, which is pretty good, but we both need to be working 5 and we are seriously juggling all weekend to make up for the weekdays we stay home. On my day off (Monday), I have a blast - I go to the gym in the morning (gym daycare is the best! and so is the hot tub), then Layla and I go adventuring. Sometimes we drive across town to have lunch with the Study Hubby and his coworkers, sometimes we nap, get the housework done, go for a walk, stop by the coffee shop on the corner, or whatever. It's nice! Too bad I don't have the kind of job I can do 4 days per week on a permanent basis.

The other thing that's keeping me from blogging is my aggressive drive to get enough sleep. Fortunately Layla is generally a GREAT sleeper, she goes to bed around 8:30 pm, wakes up once around 4 or 5 am, then sleeps again until 7 or 8 am. But every once in a while (as in, once or twice a week), she doesn't follow that at all - and I don't get very much sleep. So I tend to go to bed the second she does just in case. Which means, no time for blogging. So you should all feel very special.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...