Monday, November 24, 2008

Clean up!

Generally we keep our place slightly on the tornado side of clean. Don't get me wrong, we take our garbage out, but the counters aren't always clean and the stuff we bought last weekend isn't always put away. In our old apartment we almost constantly had a "pile" near the radiator in the dining room - it's where we dumped stuff when we walked in the door (now it's our kitchen table). The real motivation to work your way through the pile is when you have guests coming. Unfortunately we haven't had guests in a while so last weekend we spent a lot of time putting stuff away.

Also, last time my mom visited she had a Big Bad allergic reaction to something... so I also washed all our blankets and bed linens, we bought new guest pillows, and we really cleaned all the dust out of everywhere we could think of. What a weekend! My Studly Hubby got worn out by it all, but I found it energizing and extremely satisfying. The only problem is, we still have to work a few days this week before the guests arrive, so we need to keep the place clean a few more days...

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I also have relatives visiting on Thursday - I'm taking time off to de-dust the place.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...