Monday, March 15, 2010

Meeting Layla

"I love you even though I just met you" -Up, Pixar Movie

Dad met Layla first, after the Newborn ICU team checked her over and declared she was ok. Here he is touching her for the first time.

They bundled her up and handed her to the Studly Hubby (who was VERY Studly throughout all of this). I think he was pretty thrilled.


Then he brought her over to me. I cried when I saw her. I can't believe I still had my glasses on!!

After the initial meet and greet, they weighed her...
And they measured around her head for some reason...


And she showed off her awesome self-calming technique, sucking on her fist.


After we moved down to recovery, I really finally got to hold her. She's amazing!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful pictures!! And I loved hearing Layla's birth-story too. :) Isn't it amazing the gifts that God gives us! :)

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous. loveable dumpling and genius. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

Fixen Vixen said...

Oh good work you guys! She is adorable!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...