Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Now I dig vampires

My mom got me hooked on vampires. Not the real kind, I haven't found any of those yet (I went looking, I live near some fictional ones, but they weren't around).

Vampires seem to be totally hip about every ten years. I like fads, so I happily jump on board every time.

Here are the major vampire moments from my life:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the movie (ca. 1992) If you haven't seen this, you really outta. I became a fan long before Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the show (see #2) and my loyalty kept me from actually watching the show until years after it aired.

2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the show (ca. 2000)
This really was a good show, once I finally got around to watching it (on DVD, around 2005). And a very sexy Angel reminds me a lot of a certain Edward Cullen (see #3)...

3. Twilight, the book, then the movie (ca. NOW)
Twilight brings a fresh new round of vampires to today's youth. Since my mom liked the book, I decided I was not above reading pre-teen vampire romance and gave it a shot. It is a very good book. Edward Cullen is a heartbreaker for sure. I will probably have to watch the movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a set of "Twilight" books, at least four. Your cousin Alison is bent on acquiring all four.

Uncle KT said...

I thought that you were reading those, J Funk. Those are the next installment of your vampire fads

J-Funk said...

I've read the first one, and am waiting for the second one from my supplier (my mom).

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...