Monday, May 04, 2009

Vampire Club

A group of us at work have gotten into vampire books (and sci-fi/fantasy in general), and the numbers are increasing every day. It turns out we each own separate sets of books and shows and we discovered that we can loan them to each other and then we all get to benefit. The books/shows that are going around are:

1. Twilight (where it all began)
2. Marked (another teenager-y vampire series)
3. TruBlood, the books (by Charlaine Harris)
4. TruBlood, the HBO show (very good)
5. Anita Blake: vampire hunter series (by Laura Hamilton)

I know I've talked about vampires before, but I just gotta say it again: it's a lot of fun reading these books. And now that a group of my co-workers are into it too, it's even more fun. Not only that, but two of us are in a monthly book club (at the local branch of the library) and we are starting to pass a lot of other books around too. In general, it has dramatically increased my reading level. I now have three open books on my night stand that need my attention. This may be why I haven't been posting on the blog as much lately, but I'm going to try to get caught up...

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...