Saturday, December 05, 2020

Face mask pattern

 I made my own face mask pattern! The pattern + instructions are a PDF here. I improved the pattern from two others I had been using. This one fits under the chin and over the nose. You can add little wires to help it fit around the nose but I've found that with the curve in this design it's not needed. Also I wear glasses to can tuck the nose part under my glasses like the true nerd I always strived to be. I've also chosen not to add a pocket for an extra filter - I use 3 pieces of quilting fabric, which to me feels like a good enough barrier (any more might get uncomfortable). One could certainly incorporate a filter pocket into this pattern though.


Another great feature is that it has adjustable straps! I finally figured out the web is an amazing resource and looked up some tutorials on how to make adjustable straps. I quickly found one I liked and applied it and love it. I made adjustable ear loops using pony beads. The instructions are here. (there are other options also! they are here).

The only major con that I can find of this pattern is that it's a bit bigger than others so it's not as easy to put in the mail. I just can't fit it into a standard size envelope. If you've got an easy way to ship (ie without having to go into a post office) let me know! 



No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...