Saturday, November 19, 2005

welcome to saturday...

As I say in my Sat am cycle class... welcome to Saturday! And on Fridays, i often say 'happy friday everyone!'

Yesterday was a happy friday indeed. My fully-clothed kung-fu co-worker (who went to Denmark with me) passed her oral exam and officially became a pre-doctoral candidate. This test is the biggest and most nerve-wracking of everything you do in graduate school and was a pretty big deal for her. Not only did she pass it, but she did a super-sweet job, impressing our boss even, who has seen quite a few oral exams in his day and is tough to impress.

In addition, it was the last day for our visiting Swedish post-doc, who was here for 6 weeks doing some experiments and passing on some of her clinical perspective. It was a lot of fun having her and we were sad to see her go.

So last night we went out for a happy hour to celebrate, and the Big Bossman even came and paid, and we all had several drinks and several greasy appetizers and toasted a variety of things and unraveled a variety of inappropriate stories. It was quite a lot of fun.

One of the more valuable things I learned last night is where to buy chocolate covered blueberries at the Mall of America. I may just have to venture out there tomorrow and try some. Yum!

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...