Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Trick Or Treat!

For the very first time ever, I handed out candy to trick-or-treaters this year. I missed out as a kid because first I was trick-or-treating, then later on I lived way out in the country where we only ever got one trick-or-treater and it was on a night that I wasn't even home. In college and grad school I lived in apartment buildings that are locked from the outside resulting in a high level of trick-or-treat deterrence. I took matters into my own hands this year, however, and put up a sign at the front door of our building encouraging them to ring our doorbell for treats (and then left a basket full of treats as a further attractant).

Our neighborhood is a nice residential family-friendly place but as you can tell from my most recent blog it's also not necessarily the safest place. Thanks to the geniuses who invented Daylight Savings Time, the sun now goes down at 5:05 pm, ensuring utter darkness for little kids running around trying to score candy. I was concerned about this, and in anticipation only bought one bag of candy (with glow-in-the-dark wrappers). I was dead wrong in my anticipation, however. On Halloween, in my neighborhood, it is still safe enough to be out and about and there were plenty of people that stopped by looking for treats. I'm sure the nice weather helped.

For handing out candy on halloween, I give two thumbs up.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...