Monday, November 07, 2005

It's Better with BUTTER

I ate a half a stick of butter yesterday, all by myself. Here's how:

For LUNCH, I had an entire box of Annie's Mac and Cheese. I was thinking that since it was the whole wheat shells and cheddar variety it was ok, but later it occurred to me that it was still two tbsp of butter and the whole package of cheese.

For DINNER, I had stuffing with chorizo sausage (still practicing for thanksgiving), which was made with a whole stick of butter. Unlike the mac and cheese, I did not eat the entire dish. However, instead of making this the side dish to a healthy meal, we made it the meal itself, which amounted to at least another tablespoon of butter (as well as some chorizo). I do not recommend doing this. Stuffing is usually a side dish for a reason.

AFTER DINNER, I had to have some popcorn. I had already eaten so much butter that day that I went ahead and dumped another healthy tablespoon on there, as well as some salt.

By bedtime, I was feeling quite ill. My studly hubby, who had skipped the mac and cheese and the popcorn, was feeling slightly ill himself from just the stuffing.

My point: butter may not always be better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If butter lets you down there is always milk chocolate to turn to.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...