Friday, March 09, 2007

Netflix and Me

Are any of you wondering why I haven't been posting much lately? Well, I blame it on Netflix. We have become addicted. There's something surreal about watching a whole television series without any commercials, two or three episodes a night. It makes many shows tolerable which I could never watch before and it sucks you right in. I have been known to almost cry when we get to the end of of a show.

Here's what we have been watching these days:

1. Entourage. This is an HBO show about a big movie star (in the center of the picture) and his three buddies. He also has an interesting agent, an adorably bitchy press agent, and various hot women that pop in and out. Because it's a show about a big movie star in modern times, other stars sometimes show up playing themselves, like James Cameron, Mandy Moore, etc. The thing we really like though is the awesome cast of characters. They are all very well done and make for a highly entertaining bit of television. Also the shows are each only about 20 minutes which make them great for low-commitment Netflixing.

2. Grey's Anatomy. I'm not totally in love with this show - e.g. I would never tolerate it with commercials - but now that we've watched a few, I'm getting into it. I find the main character hopelessly annoying though.

3. Big Love. This is another HBO show about a polygamist (Bill Paxton) and his three crazy wives. We really liked it at first, but then about midway through the first season we had to stop watching it because it was stressing us out too much. His wives are crazy! And his family is crazy too! I guess it really speaks to the quality of the show that we got so wrapped up in it.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I've heard that Entourage is the male version of Sex and the City so maybe you should Netflix that next! (Yes, I did just use Netflix as a verb, but I think it works) The first season is a bit much, but if you can get through it the rest are tons better.

Uncle KT said...

I read an article about Marky Mark (aka Mark Walberg) and he's the producer of Entourage and he said that it's loosly based on his life.

We're watching Grey's Anatomy...too bad you aren't here to talk about it with me!

We watched the first season of Big Love because it was on after the Sopranos...we were surprised to like it so much.

You should put Deadwood and the Sopranos on your list too. Those are both GREAT shows.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...