Sunday, May 31, 2020

Pandemic sewing

As a kind of pandemic therapy, I've been sewing.

I used to sew every once in a while. Then the pandemic happened, and there was a call for cloth face masks. My sewing services (and all those great fabric scraps!) were called to action.

Here is a stack of face masks I sewed. Many of them went to the folks in my lab, as face coverings are required at all times in the building where we work.



The first time I wore a mask in public it seemed really weird. I am still getting used to it. My big problem is that I never quite have them on right in the first place, and adjusting is difficult without touching your face. Since I sewed them in the first place I am going to have to figure out how to make them fit better. Here is a picture of me on the first day I wore a mask out in public.



My new thing is to sew masks that match my skirt that I also sewed. Here is my first one, which matches a skirt I sewed in a set with one for my mom for a trip we took to Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago (trip for work, I took my mom for fun).



My son is in the picture too. You can see he is needing a haircut! We haven't gotten him to wear a mask yet but he told us this morning he would wear one if he could get a haircut. He loves haircuts for some reason.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Love the masks and the shaggy son! <3

J-Funk said...

Thanks Peggy!!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...