Monday, October 29, 2007

A short history of my butt

When my butt was 18, it was lean and mean. I got it that way by being young and by riding horses, which makes for a georgeous butt (and nice tight abs too). But(t) at the end of college my butt went on a long vacation, and it lost both the meanness and the leanness. This was unfortunate, so I took up running. My butt got right back into shape, but surprisingly took on a new look. It was a little bit smaller and a little bit flatter. Then a few years later I got addicted to indoor spin classes (and eventually taught them), and my butt got mean again - but this time it was also pumped up. It was round and high and solid like a rock. I was very proud to have such a fine and intimidating rear, but also had some trouble with the jeans. I needed jeans with a nice wide back end to fit all that mass, and those are kind of hard to find. In the middle of all that I went through a tough time (job interviews) and lost a little weight, and I found my perfect proportion. My butt was still mean and pumped, but no longer stifled by ordinary jeans. Unfortunately this was a few pounds lighter than my comfort zone and I eventually put the weight back on. I started a new job in another state, and switched sports again. Now I'm back to running, and the rear is fading back into a version of its former self - small and tight and just a shadow of what it recently was. As I begin yet again to branch out from running, I wonder what new shape my butt will find...

(PS I don't think my Studly Hubby or anyone for that matter has noticed any of this, so these differences may not have been so extreme from an outsider's perspective, but I've definitely noticed my butt and all kinds of other changes whenever I switch sports and I find it fascinating)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Only you could make your butt sound so interesting! :P I cracked up as I read your post... :)

Peggy said...

It will all change again as you grow older but lucky you, that won't happen for AGES. It may also change again if a baby comes along.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what mine is shaped like, because I can't see it. Can you see yours?

Unknown said...

lol...you are funny josie...running has done absolute NOTHING for my butt...it is getting that cottage cheese look to it...HOWEVER, biking has helped tone the behind quite a bit!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...