Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Rock Star INXS

My husband has fallen head over heels for a new reality show, called Rock Star INXS. It's a little like American Idol only it rocks out a little more, so the chicks wear shorter skirts and the dudes take of their shirts sometimes. Plus they play mostly rock songs instead of stupid crap like they play on American Idol. They also play some songs they wrote themselves, and some songs by INXS. So I guess it's American Idol Rocked Out. The thing that blows me away about both Rock Star INXS and American Idol is that there are actually people who make it almost all the way without really being able to carry a tune all that well. They're better than me, I'll admit that, and they sound ok and look good, but a few of the notes they hit are just way off. What's up with that? Is it better to have a generally good sounding voice, even if you miss a few notes? I guess I'm too much of a scientist - I feel like you should be on key above and beyond all else (perfection rules over creativity). On that same note, I have a hard time with cover songs because they never sound the way I think they should. Maybe I'm too left-brained.

Left!

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...